Dining Al Fresco in Phase Yellow
Select area restaurants to reopen for outdoor dining Friday
After months of limited operations, area bars and restaurants are hungry — if not starving — for second chances. Although dining in will not be a reality until Erie County is cleared for the Green Phase of reopening, starting Friday, June 5 locals can dine out. That's when establishments with outdoor seating can resume serving patrons in-person, with certain stipulations — tables only (no bar seating), no condiments or reusable menus at those tables, and no self-serve stations of any kind.
Nonetheless, eateries fitted for al fresco functionality are eager to abide by these rules if it means seeing their customers again. Opinions varied on who offered the Best Patio experience in 2019 (per our annual Best of Erie awards), but most are surely grateful for any opportunity to dine out in 2020. Here are those who we know of so far that will be serving outdoors — if you have additional info, please use our food service update form.
- Calamari's Squid Row, 1317 State St., (814) 459-4276, calamaris-squidrow.com
- The Cork 1794, 900 W. Erie Plaza Dr., (814) 651-0332, cork1794.com
- The Cove, 2 State St., (814) 454-7160, thecoveerie.com
- Lavery Brewing Co., 128 W. 12th St., (814) 454-0405, laverybrewing.com
- The Oasis Pub, 3122 W. Lake Rd., (814) 833-1212, oasispuberie.com
- Room 33, 1033 State St., (814) 636-5062, room33.bar
- Rum Runners, 133 E. Dobbins Landing, (814) 455-4292, rumrunnerserie.com
- Schickalay's On The Bay, 2860 W. Sixth St., (814) 833-0181, facebook.com/SchickalaysOnTheBay
- Sloppy Duck, 726 W. Bayfront Pkwy., (814) 455-6699, sloppyducksaloon.com
- U Pick 6 Harbor House, 4454 Buffalo Rd., (814) 616-8106, upick6.com
- U Pick 6 Public House, 4575 W. Ridge Rd., (814) 520-8495, upick6.com
- Woody's Backwater BARge & Grill, 110 E. Dobbins Landing, (814) 455-4292, woodysbackwaterbargeandgrill.com