Savor Local Creativity at the Arts and Casks Handmade Vendor Fair
Altered State Distillery to host inaugural event
SUNDAY, AUG. 22
Depending on the type and flavor requirements, spirits can take a matter of hours or years to develop.
Depending on the medium and methods, art, too, can evolve in the brief time span of a vodka or at the relaxed pace of an aged bourbon. Regardless of whether it's "good," if it hits an individual observer's palate right in an individual moment, one can argue either is equally as valid.
Whether or not you agree, Altered State Distillery will give you all Sunday afternoon to sip and ponder this analogy when it hosts the first-ever Arts and Casks Handmade Vendor Fair. Thirteen purveyors of uniquely handcrafted items will be on site, offering an outpouring of local creativity seldom experienced elsewhere. Lest we neglect any of the senses, Stephen Trohoske's Unplugged Frequency will stir the air with acoustic backdrops as you shop.
The full list of Sunday's vendors is as follows:
- Artlore Studio
- Busy Body Bags (quilted purses and bags)
- The Cookielady/ChyDezign (homemade cookies + handmade apparel and jewelry)
- The Copper Twig Photography
- DragonFly Lake Scents (bath and beauty products)
- Family Tie Dyes
- J & J's Naturals (jewelry and ornaments incorporating items found in nature)
- Marezedotes ("handcrafted items with a touch of geek")
- A Neck's Best Thing (hand-knitted scarves, shawls, etc.)
- Simply Sayre Art (custom screenprinted clothing, accessories, and other items)
- Studio Storm Art (wearable art jewelry and home decor)
- Two Askew
- VnC Creations Erie (mixed media artisan creations)
For lovers of local arts and crafts, this is the kind of event that should go down easy.
Noon to 5 p.m. // Altered State Distillery, 1535 W. Eighth St., Ste. B4-B5 // Free admission // facebook.com