West Bayfront Porchfest 2021 Seems Like a Steal
With free musical entertainment all afternoon, you'll feel like a porch pirate
This weekend, Erie's West Bayfront neighborhood is leaving it all out on the porch. And unlike the upcoming online holiday shopping season, you're encouraged to snoop around.
Our West Bayfront has put together a compelling package of entertainment programming for Saturday's West Bayfront Porchfest — which was originally conceived in 2014 by Tom Maggio, grants manager at the Erie County Gaming Revenue Authority, and his wife. As the name suggests, residential porches and small business storefronts throughout the neighborhood will become converted stages for the afternoon, playing host to some of Erie's finest musicians.
The event costs nothing to attend except the price of a portable chair to carry from concert to concert — although those who support local artists and businesses will always have a seat in this community. Organizers thank Andora's Bubble, Sam Catania Painting, the Hippy and the Hound, Fat Lenny's, Civitas, Seph Kumber, Copper Carriage, The Cross | Erie, and Erie Arts and Culture for having a hand in that.
Keep your schedule and the sidewalks clear (for accessibility purposes) for this lineup.
- Father Bill O'Brien (1301 W. Ninth St.)
- Wave Trails (443 W. Eighth St. — aka Fat Lenny's)
- Julia Hamilton (1152 W. Ninth St.)
- The Old Guys (1262 W. Ninth St.)
- The Bayfront Boys (603 W. Sixth St.)
- Alison Huffman and Adam Boaks (627 Myrtle St.)
- Jack Campbell (323 W. Second St.)
- Cee Brown (1242 W. 10th St.)
- Brooke Surgener (623 W. Ninth St.)
- Stephen Trohoske Jazz Trio (519 W. Sixth St.)
- Box of Chocolates (357 W. Fourth St.)
- Dave VanAmburg and Phil Papotnik (1262 W. Ninth St.)
- Tommy Link (519 W. Ninth St.)
- Ron Yarman (922 W. Sixth St.)
- Doc Proto (501 W. Fourth St.)
- Lenny Ransil (562 W. Eighth St.)
- Monica Lewis (1402 W. 10th St. — aka Pineapple Eddie)
- Chautauqua Jazz Revival (1043 W. 10th St.)
- Watan (312 Chestnut St. — aka MLK Jr. Center)
- Yeshuwa and Jordy the Traveler (359 W. Front St.)
- The Familiar Spirit Band (1330 W. Eighth St. — aka Strong Vincent Middle School)
Matt Swanseger can be reached at email@example.com