Monday Music in the Woods Making a Comeback
Popular series set for seven dates in June and July
Find a clearing in your schedule because Asbury Woods' Monday Music in the Woods outdoor concert series is set to return.
After a year of being given the xylem treatment, the music will again be phloem in the Celebration Garden outside The Andrew J. Conner Nature Center, with a variety of sounds to get your trunk swaying. Lavery Brewing Company will be on-site to pour locally cultivated ales and lagers if you need help limbering your timber ($1 of each draft sold will be donated to Asbury Woods, a nonprofit).
"The beautiful Celebration garden and wooded backdrop provides the perfect outdoor musical experience," says Jennifer Farrar, executive director at Asbury Woods "Soak in the fresh air, cool breezes and musical notes. Visitors can also enjoy evening Nature Center hours on concert nights, offering more flexible options for experiencing what the Nature Center has to offer."
All you'll need is a lawn chair — and to pre-register. Because we're not quite out of the woods yet with COVID-19, attendance will be limited to 200 guests for each performance. Pre-registration for each Monday concert will open the preceding Tuesday, giving you nearly a week to determine your intentions. All shows will take place from 6 to 8 p.m. If you're a long-term planner, here is the complete schedule:
- Jesse James Weston (6/14): Covering rock, alternative, pop, and blues through the decades.
- Buttermilk Falls Gang (6/21): Bluegrass from the banks of Walnut Creek
- Rankin and Schell (6/28): Acoustic guitar and bass duo hailing from Erie
- Matt "Broke" Boland (7/5): Energetic rockabilly from "Matty B" of Dirty Pickles fame
- Bass/Drum/Bass Trio (7/12): Unpretentiously named Jazz/Latin combo consisting of Stephen Trohoske(bass), Ian Maciak (drums), and Tony Grey (the other bass).
- Riffriders Lite (7/19): Pared down acoustic version of the Riffriders featuring Amy Shallenberger and Sean Seth, playing rock and blues.
- The Maillets (7/26): Acoustic pop, country, and rock
The woods are calling — are you listening?
For more information, go to asburywoods.org/events/monday-music-in-the-woods
Matt Swanseger can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org