How to celebrate Easter 2020 in your pajamas
An easy-to-make recipe for at-home family fun
For many, Easter is a time to celebrate with friends and family while enjoying the change from winter to spring. With the COVID-19 outbreak and social distancing practices in place, Easter might look a little different for most families. That doesn't mean we can't still share our favorite traditions and recipes. Like many holidays, food usually takes center stage, even if we are cooking in our pajamas. Here is a festive recipe that is quick and simple with some things you might already have in your pantry. Enjoy!
No-Bake Birds Nest
(Makes 24 cookies)
What you need:
- 1 ½ cups butterscotch chips
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 ½ cups crushed cornflakes
- 1 bag mini candy eggs
What to do:
- In a large bowl melt together butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, and peanut butter. Tip: Melt in 30-second increments stirring thoroughly each time until fully melted.
- Stir in oats and cornflakes until combined.
- Drop tablespoons full of mixture on a lined baking sheet. Press three eggs in the center after each scoop.
- Cool completely then EAT!
Jessica Hunter can be reached at Jessica@eriereader.com