Drink of the week
These are uncertain times for everyone across the globe. Our lives and daily norms have been rearranged during quarantine. The spread of Covid-19 has our stress levels high and with social distancing in place, we are all missing many things. Happy hour in the growing craft cocktail scene in Erie, PA may be one of them. When we find that perfect cocktail we order it again and again. We are going to be sharing cocktails of the week to try at home or for your next Zoom happy hour. Hope you're thirsty and ready for some quarantinis!
Orange Thyme Vodka Drink
What you need:
- Two ounces of chilled vodka (I used a local product from Altered State)
- Four ounces of sparkling orange mixer (any citrus flavor will do)
- Slices from a large orange
- Three sprigs of thyme
- Crushed ice
What to do:
- Combine vodka, squeezed oranges + slices, two sprigs in a shaker and muddle together.
- Strain mixture and pour into a rocks glass.
- Add the orange mixer and garnish with an orange slice and sprig of thyme.
Jessica Hunter can be reached at Jessica@eriereader.com