Sunday Spirits: Bloody Mary
Mixing up a delicious, locally-sourced drink of the week
The coronavirus has closed the restaurants and bars, it put the kibosh on gathering for food and drinks. Cocktail hour is seeming to thrive through age of social distancing. We're coming to you with our drink of the week to keep you raising your glass at the next social distancing happy hour. This week is a version of the classic, Bloody Mary. I love it for brunch, lunch, anytime really! Our local feature this week is a Best of Erie 2019 winner, Erie Distillery. Cheers and stay well everyone!
What you need:
- Salt for rim of glass (optional)
- Two ounces of vodka ( I used Erie Distillery Vodka)
- One cup vegetable juice or tomato juice
- Two dashes of worcestershire sauce
- One dash of hot sauce (optional)
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Two tablespoons of lemon juice
- Squeeze of lime juice
- Garnish with vegetables ( I had celery, pickles, lemon, lime, and a cucumber)
What to do:
- Moisten the rim of the glass. Pour salt in a shallow plate and rub the glass in the salt.
- Combine all remaining ingredients (except garnish) into a cocktail shaker. Top with ice and shake well.
- Fill the salted glass with ice and strain tomato mixture into the glass.
- Top with garnishes.
If you have a favorite locally made beer, wine, or spirit to share you can reach Jessica at Jessica@eriereader.com