Sunday Spirits: French 75
Mixing up a delicious, locally-sourced drink of the week
How will you be spending Valentine's Day this year? I specifically love this "Hallmark Holiday" to give my family and friends some extra love. I also just love celebrating all the things in life. If you're spending Valentine's Day in with your lover, your Galentine or yourself, setting the mood (whatever that mood may be!) with a festive cocktail is a fun way to indulge without leaving your house. A French 75 is a cocktail made from gin, Champagne, lemon juice, and sugar. I kicked it up and notch for Valentine's Day!
What you need:
- 1 oz Gin (Locally sourced from our Distilleries here in Erie, this time I used Black Bear Organic Gin)
- 4 oz Champagne or sparkling wine (I used The Perfect Bubbly by Mazza Vineyards)
- 1 oz Cherry Juice
- Juice of one Lemon (Save the peel to make lemon twists if you like, I opted out this time.)
What to do:
- In a shaker with ice add gin, lemon juice, cherry juice, and shake
- Pour into glass of choice, leaving room for Champagne/sparkling wine
- Top with your favorite Champagne/sparkling wine
If you are celebrating with your kiddos, or want a yummy mocktail sub the booze with sprite or sparkling water.
If you have a favorite locally sourced beer, wine, or spirit to share you can reach Jessica at Jessica@eriereader.com