Sunday Spirits: Yule Mule
Mixing up a delicious, locally-sourced drink of the week
Like most people, I like to enjoy a festive cocktail during the holidays. We could all use some cheer to keep our spirits bright as 2020 comes to a close. Next time you are mixing things up, try this twist on the traditional Moscow Mule. Keep it local and enjoy my favorites, Altered State, Cart/Horse Distilling, Erie Distillery, and Luminary Distilling to try with your next homemade cocktail. Also, be sure to vote your favorite for Best of Erie 2020!
What you need:
- 3 ounces local vodka
- 1 ounce 100% cranberry juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 8 ounces ginger beer
- Rosemary Sprig
- Lime wedge
What to do:
1. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add vodka, cranberry juice, and lime juice.
2. Shake well and pour into an ice-filled copper mug or similar. Top off the mug with ginger beer and stir to combine.
3. Garnish with a pop of red cranberries and green rosemary sprigs for that holiday look. Add some lime wedges and enjoy!
Non-alcoholic: Omit the vodka and subtitute the ginger beer for ginger ale.
If you have a favorite locally sourced beer, wine, or spirit to share you can reach Jessica at Jessica@eriereader.com